Skip to main content

Am I Not Better Than Them? By Linnie Lovin.

Am I Not Better Than Them? By Linnie Lovin.

"We'll leave this time for our sister Mrs. Eno to lead us in powerful prayers" the pastor said

Mrs. Eno came up to the podium and led in strong and powerful prayer points. In the course of the prayer, yokes and chains were lifted, and broken.

Mrs Eno was a widow in her late 60s,with 3 children, she was such a devoted Christian in her church, she was a good suprano singer in the senior choir in church and a prayer band leader.

She was well known in her neighborhood as a good lady

*****************************

"You are next to give a sacrifice. The great mother cat, has chosen your son, and you have to kill him in ten days time, else..... You know the consequences" one of the witches said in their meeting

"I'll do as our great one has commanded " Mrs Eno replied.

Ten days were getting near and Mrs Eno could not succeed in killing her son. She had planned in so many ways, but her son who was in Abuja working, was always escaping all forms of her attacks.

*****************************

On the tenth day....

While Mrs.Eno was ironing and preparing for church, something entered her and the next minute she was outside, shouting in the neighborhood and this attracted many people to her....

"hahaha, I killed him, I killed him o, my husband, I killed him, I sacrificed him in my witchcraft coven" Mrs Eno confessed

"chei! Tufiakwa!" people exclaimed, shrugging their shoulders

"that's not all, my first daughter I took her womb, we ate it in our kingdom, hahaha, my second daughter I made her senseless, we destroyed her brain because her future was too bright.... as for my only son, he's spirit is stubborn and strong, he was supposed to be the next, but I don't know why I couldn't kill him " Eno kept on confessing and laughing.....

"chei! If someone told me Mma Eno was like this I wouldn't av believed, she was such a good Christian, everyday she's always going to church service, everytime she's always with her Bible " Mr Okonkwo said

"My brother, I'm shocked, hmm, all these Christians that say they are going to church, me that doesn't go to church , am I not better than them?, even someone like Evangelist Thomas or whatever he calls himself, that one came back from church one day and got into a fight with his neighbor over a little matter, and eventually landed himself in prison " Mr Donatus replied

"hahaha, my brother, imagine that choir leader Ngozi that behaves holy holy, she got pregnant and doesn't even know who is responsible for her pregnancy, cos of jumping from one man to another " Mr Okonkwo added

"So funny, these christians, they should stop deceiving themselves... At least we are better than them.... We don't go to church, we don't pretend, we live our lives normally. " Mr Donatus said

"I tell you, we are far more better than them, come let's go to Mama kube's joint and drink some palmy and dog meat, lets leave this woman who claimed to be a Christian " Mr Okonkwo said.

*****************************

One of the reasons we still have unbelievers in the world is because of the characters displayed by christians.

.

Most attitudes we display as Christians have caused the unbelievers to ask the question am I not better than them?

.

Most ungodly characters we display, have made them consider themselves better than us. Which is not supposed to be so.

.

A Christian is supposed to live a life that others will imitate.

Let's live a good life, a life that serve as a good example to the unbelievers.

Just as our Savior, Jesus had shown us a good example which brought us near to him.

As a Christian, Let your life be an ATTRACTION not a DISTRACTION from SALVATION

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A NIGERIAN TALE: LIFE AFTER COVID-19 (THE FUTURE)

 A NIGERIAN TALE: LIFE AFTER COVID-19 (THE FUTURE) *COVID-19 BEFORE IT ALL BEGAN    Once upon a time, in a country called Nigeria, before the existence of a virus called CORONAVIRUS aka COVID-19. Everywhere was lively and full of momentum. Workers were going about their normal duties, businessmen/women were busy with their businesses, students were attending classes, hustlers were hustling. The atmosphere was awesome. BUT THEN..........................the story change.................Nigeria recorded it own cases of COVID-19............................ *DURING THE ERA OF COVID-19    Businesses were closed, workers were asked to stay at home, students were asked to stay safe and Live safe at their homes, all booming activities were suspended.    As the number of infected persons kept increasing, curfew was declared, Restriction of movement became the order of the day, social distancing of 2 meters was imposed, social gatherings was banned...

Akwa Ibom at 33

It gives me great pleasure to greet all the Akwa Ibomites living in the country and abroad, on this great day of the 33rd Anniversary Day Celebration. Today September 23rd fills us with the excitement of unfurling the tricolour of our state's flag (Orange, White, Green), Emblem, Creed and also taking part in celebrations and listening to patriotic songs.   On this day, the youth of Akwa Ibom should feel the special pride of being citizens of a free and great state marching onwards to greatness.  We shall forever remember our freedom fighters, philanthropist and martyrs whose sacrifices have enabled us to live in an independent state.  I am proudly an Akwa Ibomites My Akwa Ibom — the land of promise  Happy Akwa Ibom @33 Long Live Akwa Ibomites  Dakkadda to Greatness 

The Self-acclaimed Journalist Of Fake News.

THE SELF-ACCLAIMED JOURNALIST OF FAKE NEWS.    With the availability of mobile phones in every nook and cranny of the world today. Everybody big or small now have access to social media(s) and the internet.    With the lockdown due to the pandemic called COVID-19 aka CORONAVIRUS, more people are now engaging themselves with social medias and the internet to avoid boredom, while some have use the opportunity either conscienously or unconsciencously to have earn the tittle: SELF-ACCLAIMED JOURNALIST OF FAKE NEWS. . SO THEN, WHO ARE THEY?????? 1) Those that spread fake news 2) Those that kill the ethics of journalism with rumors 3) Those that post what they are not sure of on social medias 4) No reliable source. Most of their sources are: he said, she said, them say type of source. 5) Those whose post are uncalled for and are aim at destroying both people and nations reputation. 6) Those who post funny or ill pictures or videos with presidents, governors an...